Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thank you, to Speedy Gonzales, Joker and Sparky For Making me Proud to Say I'm Their MOM

Given to me by Needsleepy

I want to give a very loving heartfelt THANK YOU to my sweet loving daughter, for giving me this award….

I’m glad you think me worthy to be put in this category… of Mom of the Year. (Should I ask which year?)
So, you DO LOVE ME.

Double Thanks… kisses and hugs..
I love you, Your Mom of the Year.

Now, I must do the following.
However, as a disclaimer I’m not real good about following rules, unless they are mine.. Just ask my children.

The rules for this award are as follows:

Be sure to post the award on your page.

1) Admit that ONE thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are NO LONGER allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!
2) To remind yourself that you ARE a good mom, list SEVEN things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself of EVERY DAY that you rock!
3)Send this to FIVE other Moms of the Year that deserve forgiveness and a reminder that they, too, are the best moms they can be!!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you!"


**************************************************************

My one item I feel very awful about being a mom is … let me think… NOTHING, I love being a mom.

I guess, honestly… having to work full time when my children were growing up and missing many of their ‘firsts’. So, sorry children.


*********************************************************************

But, I know I am a Good Mom… they reaffirm it to me all the times by the big and little things like:
I see it in their eyes each time we met.
I feel it in their hugs and kisses we share.
I hear it in their voice each time we talk on the phone. And, this includes those conversation that we don’t see eye to eye on …
I know they love me and they know I love them.

Plus, whether they want to admit it or not… they live a lot of their lives by our example.

Now, for the list of SEVEN things that I love about my kids, I love doing with my kids, or that my kids love about me. These are the things to remind Me that EVERY DAY I rock!
First, I have to say all three of my children, Speedy Gonzales, Joker, and Sparky, it would be hard to limit only seven things that I love about them…

AND, just the simple fact that they make me proud to call them my children … reminds me EVERY DAY that I ROCK… because these children of mine are fantastic, fabulous and wonderful people.

They know what is important in life… that is FAMILY.

I love them for being the person they are.

I love that they have many similar traits. But, yet I love those different ones each of them have, as well.

I love them for being the loving and caring parent they are.

I love them for being able to express and extend their love out to other family members like their; siblings, their nieces, their nephews, their grandparents, their cousins, their aunts, their uncles, and of course to us their parents.

I love that they love themselves (most time) for the person they are. They live their life in their own unique beliefs… even if some of them differ from mine.

I love that somehow they know when I might need a little boost of their love.

Example: It doesn’t matter how awful my day is… should one call (or I call them) they can make me happy in a few moments. They sense I’m upset and begin to cheer me… and I would like to say vise versa, too.

They show me often how much they love me, by small and simple things.

Example: When my husband traveled all over the country and was gone for months on end. Each made sure they called to ‘talk’, or ask me to go out for lunch or dinner, or dropped by with food in hand, or just stopped by to visit and to check on me. Or came over to play hours of cards.

Or like the times when the weather would turn bad. All of them would call and report to me just how bad it was… because they knew I wasn’t paying attention to the weather… that was my husband’s job when he was here ( and when he was gone… I got several phone calls reporting to me there was a thunderstorm or tornado about to hit.) But, they each would call and tell me to get to the basement.

And, Joker knowing I probably wouldn’t go down to it, even in the extremely bad conditions.. would drive on over to carry all my Genealogy books, tubs of pictures and the many files downstairs … then make me go. If I refused then several harsh words were spoken to make me see the light and the reasonable sense of it. Then, after the ‘all clear’ was given then Joker would very graciously help carry everything back up.

Or, like the times when Speedy Gonzales would call and say, Hey, Mom let me take you out at (a favorite Italian place we like to eat at) So, I wouldn’t have to eat by myself and maybe not eat anything, and we would set there for hours talking.

Or, like the times when Sparky would drop by with several movies in hand to have a movie marathon … watching some good and some bad movies. Sometimes with Taco Tico in hand or we would make popcorn and jsut keep me company for the evening or all night.

Or, they would show up and we would drink a bottle of wine, together.

Or, they would surprise me and coordinate a group party at my house or someplace just so we could all be together.


I love that between them and their spouses they have given 7 beautiful grandchildren.

AND, Finally, I love them all equally unconditionally … However, the three of them will argue over this…But, it is true. I DO.


Now for number 3 ----

I give this MOM of the YEAR award to the following:

http://luckysmiles.blogspot.com/ back at you sweetheart

http://breedemandweep-angie/ love you dear

http://lifeintheslowlane-kendra/

http://ambersmilz/


I don’t have a fifth one to give it too….. sorry.

3 comments:

Super Mom said...

Awwww, love you too mommy!!! :)

Thank you for all the compliments!! Wow, had no idea that you even liked ANY of us!!! LOL

You are a good mom, and I'm glad I have been able to show you that over the years. You are appreciated and loved, not only by your children, but by your grandbabies as well.

And "BTW" - I still think you like your first born the most...

And thank you for my award! :)

WalkingInADream said...

Sure thing.

AND, NO.... equally

Needsleepy said...

Well...we all knew she loved at least ONE of us. :-) ANd of course you are a great mom!...I mean look at us! We are awesome!!

PS. Yes you rock!